Cascais & Oeiras
What to do?Situated about 30 minutes from the city of Lisbon, bordered by the Atlantic Ocean and Sintra, the municipality of Cascais and Oeiras, is since the late nineteenth century, one of the most popular tourist destinations in Portugal.
By daytime enjoy the stunning nature landscapes, discover the historical and cultural heritage of the region, admire the 15 km of beaches or explore nature, doing outdoor activities. To feel the charm of shoreline, we suggest a route by the sea about 3 km, between São João do Estoril and Cascais. At night, the program changes but is also lively and diverse. There are many terraces, bars , nightclubs and concerts to attend .
The cuisine is based on fresh fish and great variety of seafood, due to its proximity of the sea.
Enjoy the proximity of Sintra and discover one of the most enchanting and romantic villages of Portugal.
How to get to Cascais & Oeiras?
By Bus »
By Plane »
- Lisbon International Airport (International and Domestic Flights)
By Road »
- The most used way to get to Cascais & Oeiras are Marginal Road ( EN6 ) , CREL , Highway Lisbon / Cascais ( A5 ) , Radial de Sintra ( IC19 ).
By Train »
- CP – Train
How to move in Cascais &Oeiras?
Museums & Monuments
You will find several Museums and Monuments in Cascais and Oeiras that await for your visit. Find here some of the most important ones:
- Cascais Citadel / Fortress of Our Lady of Light
- Cascais Marina
- Sintra and Cascais Natural Park
- House of Stories Paula Rego - Museum
- Guia in Cascais
- Palácio dos Condes da Guarda / Current Town Hall Cascais
- Cultural Centre - Mercy Convent
- Guincho Fort Velho
- Boca do Inferno
- Church of Oeiras - Oeiras
- Marques de Pombal Palace
- Poets Park
- St. John of the Maias Fort
- Areeiro or Sto . Amaro Fort
- Santo Amaro de Oeiras Chapel
- Catalazete Fort or Fort of Our Lady of Mercy in Oeiras
- Fort S. Julian of Barra
- Torre do Bugio or S. Lourenço da Cabeça Seca Fortress
- Antique Auto Museum - Paço de Arcos
- Vasco da Gama Aquarium -Algés